Search This Blog

PEOPLEWATCHING IN THE MALL

I sit quietly in the Mall’s food court

I wonder where each person

Is going, while I watch.

Some wander as though lost;

While some hold tightly to their kids.

Still others push a stroller,

Or maybe push a wheelchair,

Some stride with heavy purpose,

Looking for that special friend

With whom to chat while enjoying a snack.

Others meander aimlessly,

Helping an older adult find a place to rest,

Or maybe purchase some necessities

With help from that loved one pushing with joy.

Some try to navigate a walker amidst the crowd.


Friends meet friends

Joyously engaging in conversation.

Over a cup of coffee; or maybe an ice cream soda.

The chatter across the tables brings

A hum that fills the room with joyous vibes.

This is my inspiration for a mood 

That lifts me up and energizes me.

My cup of coffee is now cold,

But my heart is full and warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

JOY IN THE ORDINARY