Search This Blog

See I am Doing a New Thing!

 


I attended the Mennonite Church Manitoba Gathering Inspirational Evening. I listened to the stories and meditations, and was inspired by the speakers and the musicians. When I got home, I had the evening's event ringing in my mind's ear! This short poem is the result. I trust it will bring joy to you.


God says, “I am about to do a new thing!”

What is about to happen—what is happening?

We are part of this new thing.

God is guiding us in ways we may not understand,

In ways we did not expect.

When Isaiah listened to God and

Spoke these words, he did not live in our world;

He spoke of the animal world, the water in the desert;

He spoke of chariots and army battalions.


We live in a world where we hear of bombs and drones

And supposed enemies within and without our land.

What new thing is God doing in this world ?

Filled with pain and sorrow;

Filled with climate change and forests ablaze;

Filled with men and women who deny the realities,

Who somehow think they are masters of the world.

How little do they know—God is still the master

Who is doing a new thing in our world!


God, thank you for a church that desires to follow you.

Thank you for the larger fellowship that,

With hugging arms, has welcomed us and

Wants us to join in the new thing that God is doing.

Thank you for the many energetic leaders

That are guiding us as we see what God is doing.

Thank you for the welcoming group of churches

That show us such embracing love, and

We thank God for the new thing brought into our lives.


3 comments:

  1. Good word, Gilbert. The fact that we’re alive to see these things tells me that GOD is not done with us yet.
    I love the scripture from Isaiah 43:19Behold I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth” Then , the question.
    Shall you not know it? Therein lies the rub. It behooves us to be so in touch with the SPIRIT OF GOD , not leaning on our own understanding.

    The Hebrew word YADA: meaning perceive, find out, discern, to discriminate, , recognize, distinguish, see, etc.
    Thank YOU, FATHER for raising a new generation of bold, courageous young leaders, led by YOUR SPIRIT, for such a time as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you felt welcomed and inspired, Gilbert. Today's work continued with an encouraging tone and we thank God for the positive energy that buoyed us up. Peter adds, " I'm glad that God will do a new thing among us thanks to the new member churches among and with us."

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the unknown, I went in and named myself, but it didn't fix the comment.

    ReplyDelete

JOY IN THE ORDINARY