Search This Blog

I LOVE THE STREETS OF THE CITY

 

My recent blog about the joys seen in nature reminded me that my life has revolved around city life. I love sitting in malls, observing the beauty of the buildings all around.  I wrote this poem as a reminder that God created humans who, in turn have the creativity to build such beautiful structures.


I love the streets of the city

The buildings, tall and stark

Against the azure blue.

So thankful that our God

Has given gifts to diverse builders,

Who beautify the cityscape.

 

The beauty of each building

Brings awe to my heart

To think that God provides

The intellect for beauty

Such as what the city gives

To us, as we walk its streets.

 

Thank you God for such gorgeous

Beauty all around.

We are humbled as we

Think about the building,

And the builders, who gain

Inspiration from you, the Divine Creator

 

Chorus:

God, thank you for our dwellings

Built by humans but dedicated to you,

Who has given inspiration to us all.

 


2 comments:

  1. I like the city too. I like to watch people and see unusual buildings and sights.However I also enjoy nature in the country. God has given us much to enjoy! Hanna

    ReplyDelete

JOY IN THE ORDINARY