I have been writing for quite some time, but realize that I really have not
allowed the joys of / in nature to come through in my writings. I want to change that,
because nature has given us so much joy, so much wonder and so much peace.
Our world, politically, may be a mess, but the creatures of nature go about their
days with carefree abandon. This brings me joy.
I see joy in the little rabbit scampering
Hither and yon seemingly without a care.
I see joy in the birds up on our deck;
The chickadees full of joy as they flit about
Until they land next to the food provided.
I see joy as I watch the pileated ‘pecker
Swoop in to make room for themselves at the feeder.
The beauty of the striking red crest,
And the shiny black body with a streak of white.
I see joy as the tiny hummingbird flits back and forth
While sucking in the sweet nectar made just for them.
I see joy as the flowers flutter in the wind;
As the whites and reds mix with the violets,
And the green spikes wave lazily with joy.
I am filled with excitement as I see the many
Ways the lives of nature around me bring
Such wonder, excitement and satisfying joys.
It is wonderful to see so much joy in nature.There is so much beauty in the plants and animals and so also joy. Thank you Gilbert for this blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks Hanna. Yes, nature brings so much joy.
DeleteGrief has its place and needs to be part of our lives, but can overwhelm us, especially in our senior years. A good balance of joy and grief is important.
ReplyDelete